Another niche marketplace. For a WordPress website, this one has a lot of muscle. Sales are offered for listing businesses and events to create a community with a very specific audience. The blog allows for content including videos, podcasts, pictures, slideshows and anything else you can think of. Registration is simple and allows users to track which events and businesses they prefer as well as provide feedback as reviews and comments. Check it out for yourself at http://dogontario.com
I have been having a lot of fun in this new environment of becoming a new Entrepreneur in London, Ontario. I have met so many people that its getting difficult to retain all the wonderful advice and knowledge that has been shared with me. In an attempt to remember some of their wisdom and also to show my thanks; I came up with this idea to record the conversations in a podcast.
Statistics from Facebook
Statistics from YouTube
Dan wanted to interview other business owners in the Wedding service industry to help couples save time researching and weeding through to enormous abundance of information available. This was also a great way for Dan to create connections and relationships as well as establish himself as an expert in the industry. You can listen for yourself by subscribing to the podcast on iTunes for your iPhone or Stitcher Radio for all other devices.
- Studio space and recording equipment
- Graphic design for the logo of the show
- Production of a catchy music intro
- Editing audio files for publishing
- Registering and publishing episodes on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and Libsyn
- Hosting the episodes on Liberated Syndication
- Distributing and announcing the show on social media and the Londonpreneur Network
Start Up Website and Personality Video packages
Rick Chandler has just started his business and came to us for a need to create an online presence quickly. We were able to build everything in house and saved him some start up costs by using a template website that fit his budget. The video added enormous value here because it is able to show his light hearted personality which customers see as a very likeable and trustworthy guy to hire.
Other features include:
- Button call to action
- Embed video
- Map outlining the service area
- Accurate real life pictures
- A blog for news and updates
- Contact form and Google map for directions
All of our websites to date are exclusively built on the WordPress open source CMS. We believe this provides the most flexibility for expanding your web presence as your business grows. Also, because we don’t like to re invent the wheel. By utilizing existing solutions, open-source software, and popular web standards, we can help you save both time and money. But the best part is the community involvement. Never before in our lives have we seen as great a number of talented people helping one another create amazing products and services! We are not the only ones that think this way. He are a few more thoughts from another blog.
Why It May Be Better To Use Premium Themes Than To Design From Scratch
– By Garrett Vogenbeck www.holisticwebmedia.com
In the past several years, the premium website theme industry has exploded. Professional grade website themes designed by world-class designers are now available extremely cheap. Using these themes decreases costs in incredible ways, while minimizing maintenance problems and providing a superior product overall.
Business may still consider custom-from-scratch theme design, but should be aware that money saved on design can be put into marketing, social media, and content creation – business issues that are often overlooked during a website’s startup. New themes (i.e. designs) can often be applied to a website if it is based on a common content management system (CMS) like WordPress and using a standard content structure. Using a premium theme reduces initial costs, project timelines, risk, and switching costs.
The Difference Between Premium Themes, Free Themes, and Custom Theme Design
First off, let me explain the difference between a premium theme or free theme from custom theme design. A premium theme is a professionally made designer website theme that can easily be applied to a new website. There are several websites that sell premium WordPress themes, such as ThemeForest, Templatic, and WooThemes. A free theme is a theme available that can be applied to a website, but usually are of less quality and have less support. On the other hand, custom theme design involves the process of wireframing (i.e. hand-drawn/computer created layouts), graphic design, and programming to create a theme from scratch to fit requirement specifications exactly.
If you are a small business looking for a website, your best option may very well be to use the best stuff out there and keep it simple! Not all businesses will settle for a premium theme, but each is different, and that’s OK.
Prior to contacting a web designer, there are some tasks you can do that will help save you time and money. If you bring this information you will be in a great position for a productive collaboration. Here’s what you should do:
- Have some clearly defined goals for your new website
- Have an outline of steps you want each of your customers/readers to take
- Demonstrate your computer competency level
- Have an idea of the domain name you might like to use (if a new website)
- Pick out some key words you would like typed into a search engine for your site to be listed
- Provide as many pictures, logos and graphics as you possibly can
- Have a list of competitor’s websites and what you like or don’t like about each one
- Have a list of websites you like the look and feel of and why
- Determine whether you will be creating your own content or have a copy writer involved?
- Have a detailed description of timelines and budgets
- Decide how much editing you would like to do yourself
- Think about who will be managing your website month to month
- Decide on who will be maintaining and securing your website over time